Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Current Face Care Routine.

October 2013
Let me start off by telling you a little about my skin. My skin is combination/oily. Breakouts occasionally when I leave my makeup on or around that time of the month. My breakouts aren't enough to warrant acne-specific items, though. So these are what I use currently.

Let the Good Times Roll
Let the Good Times Roll is a facial cleanser full of polenta, corn meal, and maize flour to exfoliate. It has cinnamon to help cleanse the skin. It's gentle and good for all skin types to use.

How do I use it?
Take about a dime sized amount into the palm of your hand and mix it with some water to create a paste. Apply in small circular motions to the skin to get a better exfoliation. Rinse and follow with a toner and moisturizer.
You can leave this on for an extra minute to use it as a mask, as well!

What's the price?
$12.95 for 3.5oz

My review: 
I'll be the first to tell you that I do not like venturing from my Angels on Bare Skin as my facial cleanser. I've been using it since 2007 and it's been my saving grace for my skin. I decided to give this facial cleaner a try and it did not disappoint! The thing I like most about it is that it has more of an abrasive scrub to it that Angels on Bare Skin doesn't have. It smells amazing and my skin feels so smooth and soft afterwards. I love it!

Rating: 5/5

Breath of Fresh Air Toner Water

What is Breath of Fresh Air?
Breath of Fresh Air is a toner water meant to be used after cleansing. It's full of rose, sea water, aloe vera, and seaweed to cleanse, hydrate, soften, and soothe skin.

How do I use it?
A toner can be used in many different ways. After cleansing, spritz on your face. You can remove it with a cotton round to remove traces of excess cleanser left on your face or apply moisturizer with face still damp. This will help you use less moisturizer and your skin will absorb your moisturizer easier. Spray toner and allow to dry to tighten pores before applying moisturizer. 

A toner resets the pH balance in your face, allows you to use less moisturizer, tightens pores, and allows your moisturizer to soak in more efficiently. This one in particular has a ton of minerals, hydrating properties, and helps soothe irritated skin. 

What is the price?
$9.95 for 3.3oz
$21.95 for 8.4oz

My Review:
I love this stuff. I honestly love the lush toners in general. I use mine every time I cleanse and sometimes just to refresh my skin and to brighten it so it doesn't look as dull. I also love that it helps save me money on my moisturizers too! I use much less than I do on a normally dry face.

Rating: 5/5

Imperialis Facial Moisturizer

Imperialis
Imperialis is a facial moisturizer full of cocoa butter, tiger lily, and orange flower. It's light enough for all skin types.

What is it good for?
Imperialis is good for many things. It has lavender to help balance skins sebum production - encourages dry skin to produce oil and keeps oily skin from over producing oil. Orange blossom is great at brightening skin, as it is a citrus fruit, and keeps it from looking dull. Elderflower is used to soothe and soften skin.

What is the price?
$24.95 for 1.5oz

Don't mind the fingerprints! This is right after I used it.


My Review: 
This is one of my favorite moisturizers. It's light enough to use on my sometimes oily and difficult skin, but moisturizing enough to use on the drier parts of my face as well. This stuff does it all! It's wonderful, a little goes a long way so it lasts forever! Love love love!

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment